HELP A POOR TEACHER OUT - CLICK AN AD!! No commitment necessary :)
貧乏な高校教師を助けて下さいませんか?ひとつのADを一回クリックしてごらん!

7.06.2009

Gion Matsuri

Gion Matsuri is a big carnival in Kyoto during the first few weeks of July in Kyoto. Everything becomes compact and precarious, but who cares, it's a carnival!!



The Kyoto citizens living in the middle section of Kyoto (nakagyoku) bring out these big floats and musicians sit in them and play all night (my bro-in-law Yoshi did it for years) while people walk amongst the different festival stands in their yukata. I hope to take my daughter there someday.



The music is the most important part of Gion Matsuri, as is is played throughout July, even as you walk along Kawamachi Street.



So many years I had to drag my wife (who was born in Kyoto) to Gion Matsuri, because she's the type that gets bored quickly. But the whole event is always a kick in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment