HELP A POOR TEACHER OUT - CLICK AN AD!! No commitment necessary :)
貧乏な高校教師を助けて下さいませんか?ひとつのADを一回クリックしてごらん!

6.15.2009

My first post...about Ramen.

Well, welcome to my humble blog. I'll try to talk about everything that I know about Japan, which is a lot. In fact, I know too much. But anyway...I was watching this cheesy movie called "Ramen Girl" the other day with that one really skinny Brittney Murphy girl. It was looking to be a cheap "Lost in Translation" movie without the talent, but I was surprised that Nishida Toshiyuki of Tsuribaka fame (YES IN ITS 19th MOVIE) was in it...


The thing that really depressed me about the movie was not Brittney Murphy's beat-up New Jersey girl look, but the fact that the ramen always looked pretty bad: always one or two slices of
yakibuta, a little bit of moyashi, and virtually no fixins or anything (Kimchee, tongarashi, goma). I never even was informed what kind of ramen it was (shio, shoyu, tonkotsu, miso), which is absolutely critical.

Tampopo was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment