HELP A POOR TEACHER OUT - CLICK AN AD!! No commitment necessary :)
貧乏な高校教師を助けて下さいませんか?ひとつのADを一回クリックしてごらん!

6.20.2009

Supercar - the best Japanese music group.

This group of four from Aomori were my favorite when I was living in Japan, along with Rip Slyme, Sambomaster, and a few other small indie bands (Art School, Kiseru, and so on). You can't find a ban with abject originality like Supercar in Japan - most groups like Orange Range, Gackt, Dir en Ciel, and the like are just cut copies from either visual-kei molds or industry inspired groups that are one step away from being the rock version of Morning Musume.

I was in a bar in the Kansai area in 2000 when this song came on and I fell in love:



I can remember what I was drinking (Yebisu draft) and what I was eating (shelled peanuts) and what the bartenderess looked like, only because the music was so new to me that it made an indelible impression of that particular moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment