HELP A POOR TEACHER OUT - CLICK AN AD!! No commitment necessary :)
貧乏な高校教師を助けて下さいませんか?ひとつのADを一回クリックしてごらん!

6.15.2009

Ramo Nakajima


I did the wiki page for him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramo_Nakajima

I love his books, and I think he's one of the weirdest raging alcoholics ever to be arrested for marijuana possession and die falling down some stairs while walking out of a bar. My favorites from him are "Tonight, From Every Bar in Town" is a semi-autobiographical look at a raging alcoholic dealing with recovery, his short essays, and "Gadara no Buta" (The pigs of gadara - the ones that jumped off the cliff after Jesus exorcised Legion from the insane man) which is a very deep and beautiful look at religion's stupidity as well as its necessity. He also was on some TV shows in the late 90's early 2000's, and my favorite was a collection of Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka/Kobe) comedian's called "Saigo no Bansan" (The Last Supper):

If you can understand Japanese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFP78_5z24

You can tell all the liquor and drugs have destroyed his speech permanently.

2 comments:

  1. I actually ended up with 3 Ramo books in my possession. For the life of me, my skills are too poor to comprehend the titles. One comes in English (the title, as a subtitle), as "Katai Otofo"; I imagine I'll be looking that up.

    One came out as "Love New Chunk of Metal in my Heart".. so, obviously, my radical-hunting skills are awful.

    The third escapes my lacking abilities. -ざから is the end of the title. The preceding kanji and I don't agree.

    Anyway -- wanted to thank you for making the wiki page. I had no details on Ramo, so it was cool to see even a little summary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. copy and paste the names and I'll give you their equivalents.

    ReplyDelete